Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Came Early

This morning Gordon and Karen went to the hospital to welcome their new family member. This meant that Alexander got packed up to spend the day with Charlotte at her house while Nana held down the fort. When I got to their house I unloaded Alexander from his car seat and walked around the car towards the door, being extra cautious as there was a fresh dusting of snow. As I started up the driveway I saw two sets of footprints, leaving the house. I paused for a moment to look at them and think about how they were the marks of Gordon and Karen heading out for a day that they would always remember. Something so simple, footprints in the snow, yet representing something so important, their leaving to expand their family. It seemed almost disrespectful for me to walk on those prints so I stepped to the side, said a prayer for their new child and brought Alexander inside to the warmth of their home.
Welcome Ian Gordon, you have already left your footprints on our hearts.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Please pass on our love and best wishes.

Kari said...

How fun it will be for Alexander to have a Daigle boy so close in age! Send my congratulations to Gordon and Karen.. Ian is just adorable! and Congratulations to you guys too with the addition of another nephew and a new cousin! Love to you all.. I can't wait to see you during my winter break!

Sarah said...

Hi little Daigle! I love you Ian!

Anonymous said...

Oh, he's just beautiful, lots of love to the whole family.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I finally had a chance to check out your blog, and whether it is hormones or what, you made me cry! What a great way of thinking about our important day...thanks Auntie Sarah!