Thursday, November 15, 2007

Spreading the News

Earlier this week I finished packing away the paper scraps and photo's from Alexander's birth announcement. It seemed to be the never ending project in our house. I took these photo's in the beginning of August as I was trying to have the announcement done before I returned to work. Then our printer broke so I was unable to get the test sheets for the printing company, then the envelopes were back ordered and when they did arrive they were given to someone else so I had to wait another week for them to be re-ordered. It just seemed to be one delay after another. My best intentions of having them done by the end of August turned to having them done by the end of October.
I don't know why but I just really wanted to make them myself. Many times people told me to just order new ones and be done but I had committed to doing them myself. I remember when my mom showed me the birth announcement that they sent out when I was born. I remember thinking it was so nice that they took the time to labor over something for me. As the third child many of my things were not new, hand-me-down clothes, playing with my sister's toys (I still have her BB!) but the birth announcement was made just for me. I wanted Alexander to have the same thing.
So as I pack up and finish this project I can't help but think about the process that it was and how it just didn't seem to work according to my timeline. It seemed to make the announcement even more special considering the process that we went through to become parents, something else that just didn't seem to be what we expected. God is constantly reminding me that I need to trust in Him and follow his plan for my life and all good and perfect gifts will come from above.
Enjoy the pictures from the birth announcement photo shoot from August 5th! The last one was the winner.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the beautiful birth announcements were well worth all the time and love you put into them, I especially loved the quote from the Bible...I have it saved in my special file...maybe when Kari becomes a mom she'll like to do something similar...fun to see these pictures, I remember him so well at that stage, but I must admit I sure am enjoying his chubby cheeks now...you're a beautiful little boy Alexander and you have one heck of a mom and dad too...love you guys!

Amy and Andrew said...

Great post, Sarah. I know what you mean about the satisfaction of doing something on your own, with your own creativity and labor, despite all the hassles, frustrations and setbacks. I'm so glad you honored your commitment to yourself. It was well worth it!

Kari said...

Sarah your pictures are so wonderful. I already have 2 pictures of Alexander up in my dorm room because I love when I'm having a bad day just looking up and seeing that adorable face to bring a smile to mine. He is so precious and I am looking forward to seeing how much he has grown since I last saw him around the time those pictures were taken! Love to all 3 of you!

Michael-Sarah-Greta-Calla-Samuel said...

sarah...i love those pictures & i love hearing the trial of getting the announcements out, yet your dedication to doing it. you are such a good mom, i can't wait to meet alexander!

Michael-Sarah-Greta-Calla-Samuel said...

1121111dssweddsasdefvdddswefdsc1d
Greta wants me to tell you that Alexander looks like calla (all babies look alike at her age!)