Thursday, July 21, 2011

No Gas Day

The first week of July I was able to enjoy some great family time at the stuga. One night towards the end of that week, I found myself sitting on the porch while a game of scrabble was going on, others were involved in some life discussions and light reading by a few and I realized that I had not gotten in the car in three days, and that was just fine by me. I wondered, would I be able to do this at home? So we have given it a try. I have not been able to go three days in a row but we have managed one day each week. This does not mean that we sit at home all day trying to pass the time. Last week we walked to the park, got a snack at the bakery and even went to the Farmer's Market, just not in the car. The idea is to simplify life and enjoy what is close by.
With the heat this week we used our no gas day to stay cool in the yard with time on the new swing set and some splashes in the kiddie pool. I could not resist...

No comments: